Saturday, November 18, 2006

Vegetable Soup

I'll post the final photographs for the Daucus carota experiment. Yep, we only talk about vegetables on this blog, be they carrots, peppers, or zucchini. The carrots got pretty disgusting and looked like they were moulding by the end of it; I think the difference between them became more pronounced. I did make vegetable soup, but not with the experimental carrots. Nope, these babies went to get composted.

I found out recently that Superman's Metropolis was based on the city of Toronto, even though it's often represented as New York, or maybe sometimes Chicago or somewhere in Kansas. Apparently, the original artist was from Toronto, and worked at The Toronto Daily Star which The Daily Planet was based on.

I've been wondering lately if ideals are dead in this world. Does anyone really like having an idealist around? What a drag. Who wants to be reminded of such lofty principles when they have to face a grim reality? Perhaps it's futile to think that ideals could ever have a place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure it's 'molding' not 'moulding'

right?

you seemed smarter than that :-/

Anonymous said...

i wrote the previous comment. maybe it wasn't a mistake. maybe you are british? i felt bad judging so quickly. haha. either way, i guess we are all allowed a typo every now and again.

S said...

No worries, you were right the second time around. It wasn't a mistake -- just mark it up cultural spelling differences.

I compulsively correct my typographical errors, so if you find any, do tell!

S said...

Unfortunately, I can't correct syntax errors in my comments. They're apparently written in stone.