Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Great Unwashed

Latest Results from Daucus carota research

Hour 93: Superman visits my laboratory and commends me on my research, then insists on posing for a picture with the infamous carrots. Superman remarks on how powerful his muscles are to be able to bend the carrots with only one locomotive hand. For the sake of his ego, I neglect to mention my observation that both carrots are considerably flexile. Surface of W carrot appears quite white and wrinkled, with little vibrant orange colour. Dirty carrot's skin is still orange with sporadic white spots.Hour 148: W carrot is developing dark streaks along with increased white wrinkles on skin and is getting quite soft and spongey. Dirty carrot has dry white spots and is becoming less rigid. Both are distinctly unappetizing.

Both my lab assistant and I conclude that the washed Daucus carota is more shrivelled than the dirty one. The dirty root matches the firm. Mr. Scientist admits defeat.

Next up: Carrot soup taste test.

No comments: