Friday, September 14, 2007

Clipping Time Coupons

I'm starting to see time a bit differently.

Last week I stocked up on 54 rolls of toilet paper from the store. I was careful to buy only the "double rolls". Double rolls apparently have 330-352 sheets per roll (varies with brand) instead of the standard 176 sheets per roll. Assuming it takes me 60 seconds to get a new roll out of the bag, remove the empty roll, put the new roll on, and fold and recycle the empty cardboard roll, this will halve the time I spend changing toilet paper rolls!

NEW AND IMPROVED! ADDED BONUS! That's an extra 25 minutes of time in my life per batch! Even more if I average more processing time per roll change!

I'd post a picture of my 54 rolls of toilet paper, but that'd cut into my time profit margin, so I'll have to invoke the imagination for this one.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

So, once you've accumulated all this time with your ultra-efficient strategies... what will you be diong with it?

(maybe you could lend me some so I'd get around to email...)

S said...

You need to buy some double rolls for yourself, stat! Eager to hear all about your birds...