Friday, September 07, 2007

Behold the Carnage

I just went out to visit my garden and this is what I found.Some may grok how heartbreaking this is for me. For the past three years, I have been killing myself trying to achieve a homegrown ripe tomato in my own garden... my Holy Grail. I've survived sunless summers, hailstorms, bad soil, weed overpopulation and angst-ridden bouts of self-doubt. Now the bastard squirrels are running rampage over my garden and pillaging the choicest chunks of my fruit.

I was even resigned to letting them have the tomatoes that were growing on the ground, but was that enough for them? Oh no. These selfish rodents had to climb up and kill the one ripe one blushing against the trellis.

Send in your recipes for squirrel stew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may use the soy sauce chicken recipe to cook this little creature.

S said...

:D

Can you teach me how to catch him too?

Anonymous said...

Try to clip a peice of tomato with some tomato sauce in a mouse trap! Bingo!