Thursday, March 22, 2007

Stretching

I've been starting up some more yoga recently. I like Richard Freeman's Breathing and Relaxation videotape. He has a very calming, soothing manner, although most of the time, I get too impatient and hungry to finish the whole tape. The first half is the hard part anyway, with all the standing postures. I'm already feeling more flexible (read: sore) from it.

At first, the birds seemed startled whenever I practiced yoga, but now they've been joining me in their own birdy yoga. One's more active and strong and does some inverted postures -- sometimes he'll flap his wings or sing, sometimes he'll just hang there or look around restlessly. The other is better at the sitting and relaxation poses.

Actually, I'm proud that they're so strong -- I try to work out the flock every day -- and these cockatiels are over 20 years old! I hope I'm this strong and flexible when I'm 80.


It's getting warmer. I need to start my seedlings for the garden. For two years in a row, my harvest was pathetic since I either started too late or had a too-cold summer. I REALLY want tomatoes this year, ripe ones I can eat, not just green ones that rot or freeze.

No comments: