Tuesday, December 11, 2007

From the choir

I was browsing Youtube the other day and found a video of a great a cappella cover of The Postal Service's "Such Great Heights" by a group called the Dynamics. The Dynamics actually sing all the manic little instrumentations of the original, which I found pretty impressive.

Here's another Youtube video, this one of Ben Folds doing a cover of the same song on piano and some improvised percussion instruments. My favourite version of the song is actually Iron & Wine's acoustic cover, which is very mellow and relaxing... but the birds quite like the boppy a cappella version from the Dynamics and have been singing along as I typed this. If I had it in iTunes, I'd put it next to the Jacques Loussier Boléro in their playlist; they were singing again to that earlier tonight too.
A recent pic of the boys in the shower. As is typical, only C felt like getting clean...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Postal Service cover reminds me of this Neutral Milk Hotel cover of a Gang of Four song that I think you'll like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSsJ19sy3JI

S said...

ahh, hmm... you're so old school.

(I know you are, but what am I?!)