Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Relieving & The Ridiculous

I'm glad to report that Bird B's foot got better. I'm relieved that it was temporary and so must have been a muscle strain.

Though it's been much colder lately, I've still been trying to take the birds outside when I can. I figure it's good for the flock, even if it's for 2 minutes to get some cool fresh air.

B was especially good when I brought them out a few days ago. He took off from my hand for his flight exercise, flew around the yard in a circle, then landed right back on my hand! Usually, I would expect him to land on the roof instead, and make me wait and plead before coming back, but maybe he knew it was cold out and so didn't want to be caught out on the wet roof.

I'm posting some older photos of the birds looking all well and clean after a shower. Apologies for not having more up-to-date photos; I haven't been shooting much lately.

+++

I did Yoga for the first time in probably a couple months last week. My sister had brought me a Richard Freeman Yoga tape, so it was the first time I'd attempted this one. At first, it didn't seem all that different from my usual Richard Freeman Yoga Breathing and Relaxation tape, but after an hour of this new one, I was sore afterward for days! Literally days! Three days, I think. There were all these ridiculous poses that were reminiscent of stretches that would usually be done sitting on the floor, except that they were supposed to be done standing up. On one leg. I couldn't pronounce these poses, let alone do them. Those ones made me laugh at the absurdity of the effort -- and I'm not just talking inner smile!

No comments: