Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Who I Am

I started blogging not too many posts ago and I got a comment here yesterday asking me, "Who are you?" There's no way I can do it all in one post, or even in a blog, but I figured I'd fill in some blanks. Seven, to be exact.

Things that grab my attention:
1. Ethics, morals, principles.
2. Sustainable living. Vegetable gardening.
3. Art and creative expression.
4. Learning about the world around us, education and critical thinking. Play. Wonder.
5. Good food, great friends, meaningful conversation.
6. Kindness and love. Giving and receiving.
7. Happy endings and beginnings.

The best compliment I ever received was when a friend told me that he thought I did what Gandhi said:

You must be the change you want to see in the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a little more basic 'who are you'? Like whether you are male or female? Age, location, that kind of thing? Just to add a little context for those of us who don't actually know you :)

S said...

A, I just addressed the male or female question for you in my new post. I guess the other questions will have to wait for now.

By the way, are you the "anonymous" from the mold/mould comments?

Just curious. If you prefer not to say, that's fine too.