Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Ex

We went to the Ex for its last day, to check out everything we missed when we went on the first day back in mid-August. It was Labour Day so the Air Show was on, but I was too late to catch any of it, although we still did see some other shows. I didn't bring my camera, but I'll post something from the first visit.

This time, we were able to catch an aerial acrobatic and ice skating show. One skater did an Inspector Gadget routine that I loved -- he had this great energy and charisma and the choreography reminded me a bit of Kurt Browning's Charlie Brown routine with its humour and charm. Most of the other skaters were mediocre and just did formations and some low jumps. We also checked out the Arts and Crafts pavilion where I bought a few (too many?) things.

Last time at the Ex, we went on a ton of rides and I learned that my body's constitution is not what it used to be when I was young. We saw a cabaret called Cirque Envol, which took place in a beautiful building with a huge dome. Lit up, it was perfect for a circus/acrobatics show. Take a look at the pic!

+++

I realized I might have to limit comments on this blog to registered users, since I got my first spam comment today. Not that there are a lot of comments here, but I don't feel like having this blog being used to sell every Internet product/service/website out there. But, for the sake of entertaining free speech, here's the comment text for anyone who is interested: "Hey, check out this site - these guys pay you up to 30 percent money back for all of your normal online purchases! How does it work? They give you the money they earn from their affiliates whenever you buy through them. Click here for more info". Not very exciting, is it. Thank you, Anonymous! Perhaps I should give another chance to the other Anonymous commentators out there who have more relevant remarks to make.

1 comment:

nate said...

yes, i think you should leave anonymous comments open. that way anyone can comment, and that's good right? i don't get very many spam comments on my blog anyway - a few here and there but it's not really a big deal.

cool picture !