Thursday, August 09, 2007

Cadavre Exquis

Busy lately. Trying to do some reading, but have been getting distracted by the great weather and birds. Of course, what I've been trying to read hasn't been all that engaging.

Been flying C a lot, and he's getting better. Now when I fly him, i.e., hold him while he flaps, I let him fly to where he wants to go, so that he can land at his desired destination, and get as much of the full 100% genuine flight experience that a flighted bird would have. He still gets tired quite easily after "flying" around the yard a couple times, and will be overheated for a while after, but I'm hoping he'll grow stronger and fitter the more we do it.

I've been doing more yoga lately, and finally did the full hour today, after doing more and more in the past couple days to work up my patience. I love the last pose, Shavasana, the corpse pose. This is not just because I'm lazy or anything, but after an hour of intense stretching and deep muscle workouts, just lying there in corpse is so relaxing. Today, I think I must have laid there for about half an hour or more. I was hungry during yoga, but then the hunger just dissipated while in corpse. I felt like I was almost napping, except I wasn't asleep, since I was still thinking lucidly. Either that or I was actually asleep, but having a lucid dream about being in Shavasana.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting contrast of activities: flying and yoga.

Jonathan said...

I think I may have to demand video of you holding C and 'flying' him, as my imagination is entirely incapable of constructing such an image. I did yoga for a bit and the lying still at the end was my favourite bit too, though for some inexplicable reason the teacher I had didn't call it the corpse pose ...

S said...

I wonder what your teacher called it then. Resting pose? Or just by the Sanskrit name? I have a hard time imagining you doing yoga too...

Jonathan said...

I can't remember if she called it anything to be honest - it was a series of free lessons arranged through work and so I don't think she bothered teaching us the names of things. Whyever would you have a hard time imagining me doing it? Or perhaps it's best you don't answer that ...