Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Why Blogger Sucks

-Despite my deliberate failure to include a First Name and Last Name in my Blogger profile, Blogger somehow pulled my name into my blog posting and published my blog with my full name included, even though my Display Name was given as "S".

-I filled in First/Last name with some other nonsense words to try to republish it, but no matter how many times I saved and resaved my profile, Blogger still displayed my full name (that I never gave the website!) on my blog.

-I deleted my blog post, and republished the content, hoping that the Display Name would finally show up as "S". Wouldn't work.

-I checked the Help section, but no information was given on how to correct this, and I couldn't find a contact email or phone number for support.

-I deleted my entire blog, resaved my profile a few times (the First/Last Name fields NEVER had my real name in there, so I don't know how Blogger pulled that information), reposted and republished and reset all my options, and now, 7 hours later, my private info seems to be gone. Finally. I hope.

Hey BLOGGER! If you tell your users that something is "The name used to sign your blog posts", please actually use that field to sign the blog posts, and not whatever info you got with whatever spooky ways you use to invade our privacy instead!

No comments: